[lbo-talk] Re: College students support war?

David Mandl dmandl at panix.com
Sat Apr 5 08:46:46 PST 2003

>From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>
>
>[Disgusting. From the NY Times:]
>
>Professors Protest as Students Debate

Why is it disgusting? I don't disagree with you--my reaction was similar to yours--but it would be nice to know exactly what bothers you about the piece. I'm not sure I'm able to articulate it myself. Is the Times picking up on a relatively minor phenomenon and making something much bigger (a STORY) out of it? Do you think what the article says is true and that this state of affairs is disgusting?

Personally, I found it very hard to believe that the student bodies of these notoriously liberal schools are taking such a right-wing position, and so vocally. But I don't know much about what the kids are doing these days.

Cheers,

--Dave.

P.S.: Just joined the list (digest version). Hello, everyone.

-- Dave Mandl dmandl at panix.com davem at wfmu.org http://www.wfmu.org/~davem