[lbo-talk] Fwd: Liu on the war....

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Sat Apr 5 18:13:35 PST 2003

At 08:00 PM 4/5/03 -0600, Carrol Cox wrote:

>Kelley wrote:
> >

> > http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0003/1816.html
> >
> > guess doug's an enemy non-combatant. hey! maybe the U.S. gubmint borrowed
> > the concept from HCKL.exe!
>
>Liu can be an often is an asshole. He also does know a hell of a lot.
>You have to pick & choose from his stuff.
>
>Even when he's good he can be obnoxious. But still...he has usefull
>stuff on occasion.
>
>Carrol

i'm sure doug can handle it and the fact that other people appreciate good ole HCKL.exe ideas. that's because doug's a bigger and more generous person than most of the creeps that obsess about him will ever be. you can be a real asshole, carrol, and you're a bigger and more generous person, too.

geez, you sound like justin defending posner because he's "smart". :)

oh yeah, and notice, i didn't say that HCKL.exe shouldn't be a source of enlightenment, amusement, or sedation for members of this list. that HCKL.exe is an asshole has no bearing on what he has to say and how it is rec'd. but i do think it has bearing on whether it's even worthwhile if it's simply another pedestrian lefty assessment of the war--and this piece is pretty pedestrian, adding nothing new to our conversations.

kelley