[lbo-talk] Re: Ends/Means

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Mon Apr 7 09:09:54 PDT 2003

An 'end' is would be a need/desideratum that would be (somehow) assessed to be worthy of fulfillment, wouldn't it? 'Means' would be various ways of fulfilling the worthy desideratum. But--even we do not prohibit some acts on the grounds that they are in themselves abhorrent--it's clear (to me at least) that any means to an end has conseqences other than the intended end. Do these come into conflict with the end sought?