[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Apr 7 11:43:49 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> This week's Village Voice, to take an example at random, has an
> article by Sydney Schanberg, who complains that the White House "kept
> changing its story" in the run-up to hostilities. Funny how the story
> is clear to four out of five Americans anyway.

The reasons for this war are pretty clear to the assholes who sent me hate mail, as well as the guys on ESPN Radio.

So why has the anti-war movement failed to connect with the rest of the population? Could it be that many of us are out of touch with "ordinary Americans?" Could it be that we are better at bitching about the media than we are at taking it over like the right wing has done?

Chuck0