[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 7 12:48:11 PDT 2003

>What's so hard to understand? The war involves fighting a brutal regime
>that abuses its own people and has a history of invading neighbors.

This seems more an description of what is happening rather than an explanation of why it is happening. Does the U.S. usually go after dictators who abuse their own people? I don't think so.

>When people who praise the Hussein regime are leading the rallies, folks who
>don't like Hussein rightly should think that such a movement has no real
>plan for an alternative challenge to his regime.
>
>-- Nathan Newman

Please let me know when and where the next Pro-Saddam rally in the U.S. is being held. I would like to see this firsthand.

John Thornton