[lbo-talk] on lawyers (was Re: war propaganda)

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Mon Apr 7 13:15:52 PDT 2003

> However you gussy it up, the actually existing legal system serves mainly to
> defend and perpetuate inequitable social relationships of all sorts. I
> think lawyers' pretensions to serve any higher, finer purpose are hogwash.
>
> Carl

You could say exactly the same thing about the actually existing postal system, the actually existing banking system, the actually existing system of retail sales, the actually existing educational systems (primary, secondary, and higher), and the actually existing system of organized religion. Among others. So what's the point? Are we all awful because we are complicit in the system and so on? Not many of us are making a living bartering healthy organic lettuce with people, or whatever.

lp