[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Apr 7 14:17:21 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I think lefties complain too much about how the big media suck, and
> should spend more time cultivating our own media. But still, it's not
> like we've got Rupert Murdoch's cash and credit lines. How can "we"
> take over the media?

You gotta start somewhere. We do an excellent job at creating an alternative to the big media, but we haven't done a very good job of subverting the media, not to mention a direct assault on the media with our own pundits and programming.

The Heritage Foundation, Cato, and other conservative thinks tanks don't have Rupert Murdoch's cash, yet they are very good at using the mainstream media to convey their ideology. Of course, their ideology dovetails with the ideology of those that run the media corporations, but have we tried to replicate what the right has done? How about other avenues?

Or should we just throw everything into creating an alternative media that eventually becomes the mainstream media?

Chuck0