[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Apr 7 14:42:45 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> The Heritage Foundation, Cato, and other conservative thinks tanks
>> don't have Rupert Murdoch's cash
>

> ...no, they just have cash from right-wing foundations, CEOs (FedEx's
> Fred Smith is on the Cato board), and hedge fund hotshots. Cato's
> annual revenues are like $13 million.

Right. How about all of those lefties with money?

Are they still having those Nation cruises or did everybody follow Hitchens over tot he dark side?

The right-wing foundations have lots of money. The left supposedly had lots of people who don't have much money. The problem as I see it is that many on the left are stingy with their money. I know that there are people out there with money, because I see donations of $100 much to frequently. What puzzles me is that we do such a poor job of motivating people that support us to be consistent about donating small amounts to our media efforts.

Doug, what percentage of people on this list would you say contribute something towards paying the bills for lbo-talk?

Chuck0