[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Apr 7 15:38:13 PDT 2003

Justin wrote:

> Um, the usual call is for self-determination by the oppressioned, not intervention by your
> friendly neighborhood imperialist. You will not anyone on the left who woulfd not haverejoined > had the Iraqi people gotten rid of SH.

But, then, one has to go beyond the immediate horrible human cost of intervention to find grounds for opposition; after all, the bloodshed wrought by an internal Iraqi uprising to get rid of the current regime (as opposed to a mere military coup to depose Saddam) would likely far exceed what we have seen so far during the current intervention.

-- Luke -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030407/ad6872c5/attachment.htm>