[lbo-talk] What History Will Remember

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 7 18:08:32 PDT 2003

At 10:29 AM -0400 4/7/03, Chip Berlet wrote:
>The ends do not justify the means.

You weren't originally discussing the means, though, unless by the "means" you mean the idea that we spend more time and energy memorializing and humanizing the lost lives of the nameless and faceless, Iraqi and American alike, than famous men whose lives and deaths that we can count on the mass media to commemorate, which is the main point made by WDK.

At 10:29 AM -0400 4/7/03, Chip Berlet wrote:
>All revolutions pose the possibility of death for adversaries

So does peace in the world we live in.

As far as many of us in the United States are concerned, we are living at peace, quietly giving consent to countless deaths of the faceless and nameless in war and in peace. -- Yoshie