[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 7 21:03:20 PDT 2003

At 3:31 PM -0500 4/7/03, Carrol Cox wrote:
>This is why Carl's constant bad-mouthing of people begins to irritate.
>It's pointless, and detracts from the tasks of building alternative
>activities, which in turn can generate oppostional consciousness. (I'm
>assuming that for the most part opposition comes first, then only a
>theorization of that opposition.)

We have to give a lot more people a chance to turn us down _in the real world_ -- many times, we don't even ask.

As for Carl's cyber-jeremiads, though, I do think that we need a safe space where we can bitch, carp, despair, fulminate, grouch, mourn, rave, vent, etc. Most likely, that's what much of mailing list discussions are for. -- Yoshie