[lbo-talk] Al Jazeera (in English) News Update

Gitchee Gumee gitcheegumee at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 7 23:31:48 PDT 2003

On March 31st, at - 15:23:00 EST

Gitchee Gumee wrote, that:

"A homepage (of text) from Al Jazeerah...

is entirely in english,

at: <http://www.aljazeerah.info/>

[and] appears fully functional and stable..."

to which Lou Paulsen quickly replied, that:

<www.aljazeerah.info>, which is the same thing

as <www.aljazeerah.us>, is a U.S. site - with some ok links -

but is not[!] related to the Qatar-based TV network.

So... thanks, Lou, for that correction,

and... sorry [to all] if this further update may already have been posted,

but having again (and again), just tried the URL

at: <http://english.aljazeera.net/>,

which (this time) resulted in an auto 're-direct,' to:

<http://english.aljazeera.net/topics/index.asp?cu_no=1&lng=0&template_id=1&temp_type=44>,

it appears this time (at last), it's an effective new link

for the Al Jazeera homepage (in English);

and, unlike the site, at:

<http://www.aljazeerah.info/>,

it appears quite "...related to the Qatar-based TV network."