[lbo-talk] Jihad vs. the Abraham Lincoln Brigade Re Iraq war....

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 09:57:31 PDT 2003

> What would a modern-day Abraham Lincoln Brigade have done in Iraq? What
> could one do *anywhere* in the world, in our era?
>
> Brian

Fight alongside Kurds, I guess -- I can't imagine any true pwog advocating fighting alongside Ba'athists. And besides, none of our campus Leninists are gonna pick up a rifle anytime soon.

The last ALB-type operation was in Nicaragua. But there, one had something to fight for. In Iraq, unless one sided with anti-Saddam guerrillas, there was only regime defense, which, at this point, is fairly moot.

DP