[lbo-talk] Turkey/Kurds/Iraq/Depressing

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Tue Apr 8 10:59:40 PDT 2003

It might, rabbit, it might...

But one condition of the non-deal the US tried to make w/Turkey was that Turkish troops would be allowed into Northern Iraq. I don't think the intention was to let them take in the vistas. Also, even after the Parliament failed to pass the package to authorize US access, some Turk troops went into Northern Iraq anyway--but the Turkish military also let some US troops into Turkey, and....

Christ, I want a drink.

Curtiss