[lbo-talk] Where's the African-American antiwar movement?

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Apr 8 13:12:15 PDT 2003

At 02:39 PM 4/8/03 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

>As far as I know, no leftists are doing post-mortems, just a few
>hangers-on who want to hi-jack the anti-war movement for the benefit of
>the reactionaries in the DP.

everyone here who complains about the antiwar movement needing to be advanced because its criticisms aren't radical enough wants to co-opt it for their own political aims.

when a black bloc organizes to critique the limitations of the anti-globalization mmovement it wants to advance the anti-globalization movement's self-understanding. when we discuss ways to criticize "support the troops" slogans, then we want to push the antiwar movement beyond its current self-understanding.

it's time to say, "so what?"

kelley