[lbo-talk] Where's the African-American antiwar movement?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 13:59:40 PDT 2003

> Not only that - it's a 50-year war! They've only begun to fight.
>
> The excellent Bill Fletcher makes this point in an interview I'm
> about to post to my radio archive.
>
> Doug

After a couple weeks of bombing in '91 (before the ground "war"), Hitch engaged Morton Kondracke on C-SPAN. Now, this was the old Hitch, the one who wrote some of the best pieces after Saddam's invasion. When host Brian Lamb asked him how long the war would last, Hitch replied, "Something like a hundred years, and it's not begun to sink in yet."

Looked at some of that tape recently, and what startled me was not Hitch's fine performance, but that he now sounds exactly like Kondracke, who was in favor of Bush's war. Oh, for a time machine.

DP