[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 14:15:53 PDT 2003

I should add that my own speeches are mesmerizing, masterpieces or the rhetorician's art, and invariable insightful and original as well as inspiring. Unfortunately there is only one of me, so I can't turn the whole thing around myself. jks

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:Nathan Newman wrote:

>It's kind of amazing the assumption that speeches at rallies should be
>forgettable. From union rallies to civil rights rallies, some of the most
>memorable rhetoric in history, that the media picked up and played over and
>over again, came from speeches at podiums at such rallies.

Well there was MLK's "I have a dream," for sure, but how many orators like that do we have? What else do you have in mind? Almost everything I've ever heard at rallies has been dull.