[lbo-talk] 87% of primary school students are against the war.

suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp suzume at mx82.tiki.ne.jp
Tue Apr 8 17:03:14 PDT 2003

in japan. an internet survey by shogakkan (publisher) shows that: 78% are totally against the war. 9% are rather against the war.

a first grader is quoted as saying, after seeing pictures of a wounded child: "i wish adults would care more about children's feelings" etc.

we had the bombing of palestinia hotel live on tv.

more than 200 journalists stay in this hotel in the center of bagdad and it was hit for the first time, purposedly as said an al jazeera reporter, by the american army. a spanish reporter died. as has maybe been reported here already, aljazeera's offices have been bombed as well since the beginning of the war.

we've had daily news from bagdad through asahi-tv showing, until yesteday, that there were not many traces of american activity in town. i don't know what france 2 looks like, but so far we've had good critical reporting analysing mostly american propaganda.

jch