[lbo-talk] Iraq war "clearer" to Americans than WW 2

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 19:23:25 PDT 2003

From: "Nathan Newman" <nathanne at nathannewman.org>

-You're forgetting knocking on doors, selling the revo like Girl Scout cookies!

210 million boxes sold per year-- not a bad model of grassroots outreach.

Although an alternative outreach comparison might be the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses with their extensive door-to-door outreach. A while ago I saw a Watchtower pamphlet on globalization and its effects on the poor and I thought, minus the final "God is the solution" pages, it was the best intro text I've seen on the issue-- with 25 million copies being handed out worldwide.

CB: However, their speeches are not that entertaining.