[lbo-talk] Once Again, Bush Makes Fools Of His Critics

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 9 09:59:30 PDT 2003

mike larkin wrote:

> Totally depressing.

If you are in a shooting war it doesn't depress you when the enemy shoots back. That's what enemies do. So why should it depress you when the Post (or someone writing in it) shoots at us? That's what the Post does. Being depressed or complaining is like grumbling at the rain for being wet.

On the other hand, I have to accept Yoshie's point about left lists being among other things a place where we can lip off our irritation with the assholes who run the country.

Carrol