[lbo-talk] Splendid Little War II

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:56:15 PDT 2003

[SLW I, the Spanish-American War, opened Act One of the American Empire. It will be interesting to see what Act Two holds in store.]

April 9, 2003

Cheney Calls U.S. Military Campaign 'Extraordinary'

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Filed at 12:22 p.m. ET

NEW ORLEANS -- The advance of U.S. troops into Baghdad is proof that early criticism of the war's plans was misguided, Vice President Dick Cheney said Wednesday.

The war is ``one of the most extraordinary military campaigns ever conducted,'' Cheney said, speaking to the annual convention of the American Society of Newspaper Editors.

``With every day, with every advance of our coalition forces, the wisdom of that plan becomes more apparent,'' Cheney said.

He dismissed critics as ``retired military officers embedded in TV studios.''

Cheney said the war has sent a clear message to all violent groups that the United States has the capacity and the will to wage war on terrorism and win decisively. ...

<http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-War-Cheney.html>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail