[lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 9 10:02:57 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> R wrote:
>
> >as a graduate of the post-1960's collapse, doug, i'm not optimistic
> >that today's antiwar fervor will grow into anything meaningful.
> >currently, it doesn't show signs of being anything more than a
> >noisy flash in the pan, coming out of nowhere, receding into
> >nowhere. to many people put too many hopes into what easily will
> >turn out to be shallow.
>
> We'll see, won't we? As Americans, we owe it to the rest of the world
> to do everything we can to stop these maniacs.

This is why the quote from Gary Wills Yoshie posted is so important. During this "noisy flash in the pan" (if that is what it is) any leftist worth a damn had damn well better be pushing an agenda within the anti-war movement that aims at creating at least a larger core cadre left behind when the flash goes out. That's why I responded so shortly to that stupid post by Kelley the other day -- and her incoherent reply didn't do much to remedy her error.

Carrol