[lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Apr 9 15:31:49 PDT 2003

That I thought it would be a disaster for the Iraqi people--Baghdad in ruins, lots of civilian casualties, brutal guerrilla warfare for years. That I thought it would be a disaster for U.S. national security--severely reduce the degree to which other governments would cooperate in tracking down Al-Qaeda and related terrorists, and serve as a big recruitment video for Al-Qaeda and company.

Looks like I was wrong on the first. I hope I'm wrong on the second.

Brad DeLong