[lbo-talk] That giant sucking sound ...

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Apr 9 15:37:44 PDT 2003

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>That is very good, Chuck0, just make sure that the shit does not fall
>back on you and your anarchist buddies and drown you.
>
>BTW, what is the lasting outcome of Seattle in the US politics that I am
>missing? Repugs now control the presidency, the congress, and the
>senate, dump every international commitment this country had made, wage
>the war as they please and are scrapping everything that Seattle
>protesters stood for. Why did the shit that you are talking about fail
>to stop that? For that matter, why did the millions on the streets of
>London and the majority of public opinion in Britain fail to stop Blair
>from joining the Iraq adventure?
>
>Once agian, thinking that one can stop a runwaway locomotive by standing
>on the tracks is suicidal, plain and simple.
>
>Wojtek

The lasting impact of Seattle?

Where did Bush have his war summit before the current invasion?

On an island in the middle of the Atlantic.

We're talking about a President who is afraid to be seen in public, especially in this town.

A more important lasting legacy of "Seattle" was the bust out of a vocal, big anti-war movement. That has to be attributed in no small part to the existing networks that have been created by the anti-capitalist and anti-globalization movements since Seattle.

We didn't have anything like that before Gulf War I.

Chuck0