[lbo-talk] collapsing statues

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 9 15:38:22 PDT 2003

loupaulsen at attbi.com wrote:

>Like I said to a guy in the elevator today, "Hell, if there was a big statue
>of George Bush in Chicago, I bet we could get ten thousand people to pull it
>down." (I didn't continue: but in that case the armed men wouldn't protect us
>and help us, they'd shoot us.)

Someone just told me he heard a BBC reporter on NPR this morning - who thought the microphone wasn't on - saying that the crowd was small and the whole thing had been organized by the Americans.

Also, I just heard that a rather famous Wall Street operator's reaction was: "Are they just paying the same 300 people to move from block to block?"

Doug