[lbo-talk] Kinder, Kuche, Kirche

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Wed Apr 9 17:01:38 PDT 2003

At 04:34 PM 04/09/2003 -0700, Woj wrote:
>You assume these men think in terms of economic rationality. I do not.
>A good chunk of the US male population do not want "their" women to work
>even though they earn pittance. Having control of "their" women is far
>more important than having an extra income. I know that from
>observation.

Never mind the rationality of the men; I'm saying that a family living on one salary cannot consume anything other than rent, food, and one car. That just doesn't do much for the consumer economy. How do you have capitalism when everybody is canning their own peaches and sewing their own clothes?

Joanna