Successes of the antiwar movement? (Re: [lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

H. Curtiss Leung hncl at panix.com
Thu Apr 10 06:52:37 PDT 2003

Rallies are important not only as outreach but as a way to bring together individuals and demonstrate to each other that theirs is a shared viewpoint, the constant lies of Faux News and the Compromised News Network to the contrary. Without them, would the antiwar movement have even gained the momentuum it did? I doubt it.

The question is, what *MORE* can be done by means of rallies? I think the question of speakers is moot: it wouldn't surprise me if King's "I Have a Dream" speech was dismissed as preaching to the converted at the time. Or are rallies a starting or staging point for other actions, etc? Dunno.