[lbo-talk] Kinder, Kuche, Kirche

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Apr 10 07:00:18 PDT 2003

Joanna:
> Never mind the rationality of the men; I'm saying that a
> family living on
> one salary cannot consume anything other than rent, food, and
> one car. That
> just doesn't do much for the consumer economy. How do you
> have capitalism
> when everybody is canning their own peaches and sewing their
> own clothes?

Have you ever heard of the mahr-velous thing called the credit card? It boost short term consumption and fabulous profits from usury, and in a long term transfers individual assets (in the form of home equity) to the monied class, as most US-ers would mortgage their only asset - the Amerikun dream house - rather than go through Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Wojtek