[lbo-talk] new union organizing (was Re: Unity with Dems)

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 09:56:46 PDT 2003

as for the legal barriers, let's remember that union members made a good deal of that possible by voting for the Reagan revolution, despite the fact that he fired the air traffic controllers.....

"Brian O. Sheppard" <bsheppard at bari.iww.org> wrote:On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Let's just face it: the United States of America sucks big time. It is
> the institutional complex that is extremely inhospitable to any form of
> progressive activism: from labor organizing, to peace movement, and to
> environmental protection. Until this institutional complex is
> destroyed or seriously weakened, any chances of progress in these areas
> are very small, indeed. It thus makes littke sense to blame the
> organizers for the lack of success.

Wojtek, did you even read my email? I wasn't blaming the organizers.

And yes, I agree with your comments on legal barriers to unionization. That is a crime.

Brian