[lbo-talk] Re: WBAI's ambitions

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 10 10:37:18 PDT 2003

>Bradford DeLong wrote:
>
>>Perhaps, but probably not. The line that signs of enthusiasm for
>>Saddam's fall are simply sucking up to the new imperial power is
>>going to be hard to maintain.
>
>Let's revisit the issue in six months.
>
>Doug

Agreed.

I still think the odds that "Iraqi Freedom" will prove to have been a good thing for the world are only 60-40, and the odds that it will have proven to have been a good thing for the United States are only 40-60.

Perhaps the most depressing sign are the actions of our dear friend Arik, who sees the fall of Saddam Hussein as an excuse to double the pace of west-bank settlement. I suspect that the PA's tilt toward Saddam was large enough to give the neocons in the Bush Administration an excuse to break every single promise about Palestine Bush has just made Blair...

Brad DeLong