[lbo-talk] two queries

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Thu Apr 10 16:10:56 PDT 2003

totally unrelated:

1. who first coined the phrase "arab street"?

2. got a weird call from a guy who thought the company i work for would be interested in working on the computer security for a biometric handgun he's been working on. long story short, we got into an hour-long discussion of war politics and he told me that when he'd been at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, a bunkmate told him that, during the Korean war, we'd dropped counterfeit money from planes to ruin the economy. Anyone ever hear of this? just curious! I vaguely recall Carrol telling me this offlist, yah?

Thanks!

kelley