[lbo-talk] Arab_News:_Bush's_Body_Language_Speaks_Volumes

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Thu Apr 10 20:43:39 PDT 2003

Dr. Mohammad T. Al-Rasheed:
> Watching George W. Bush deliver his speeches is becoming
> more alarming as his diction and body language become
> ever so transparently arrogant. Only people who are
> oblivious to the Other as a living concept are capable
> of such behavior. The President issues statements that
> polarize and divide: "You are either with us or with
> them" is the most obvious. There are plenty of such
> declarations that an elected official is not supposed
> to contemplate, let alone utter. This diction is the
> linguistic realm of the dictator who has to answer to
> no one.

Found this in the April issue of Harper's:

"That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation."

-- George W. Bush, as quoted by Bob "sycophancy" Woodward in _Bush At War_

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com