[lbo-talk] collapsing statues

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at marchordie.org
Fri Apr 11 00:30:38 PDT 2003

I did watch the whole thing, in 'real time'. There were lots of long shots that showed the crowd. I'd put the total crowd at about 200 (that was from stilling the TiVo and doing a quick count, but not all of the people in crowd were working on the statues. It was difficult to sort out the locals from the newsphotogs trying to get 'the shot' for their newsrag.

And I've seen the film shown over-and-over lots of news channels. There are also long shots there. Even if you see just the 15-30 second version, you can easily see that the square is hardly thronged.

You can easily see that the crowd isn't that big from the 'main' news channel sources. You don't need some 'magic analysis' by Indymedia.

--
| Kenton A. Hoover / Private Citizen / shibumi at marchordie.org |