[lbo-talk] Re: collapsing statues

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 11 05:44:57 PDT 2003

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> >loupaulsen at attbi.com wrote:
> >
> >>Like I said to a guy in the elevator today, "Hell, if there was a big
> >>statue of George Bush in Chicago, I bet we could get ten thousand
> >>people to pull it down."
>
> Aren't you even a bit tempted by the Daley one?

The only monument I know of in Chicago associated with Daley (1 or 2) is the Picasso Bird. One would not want to tear it down.

And it might be hard to tip over Soldiers Field, though it would be a good idea if one could do it.

The Weathermen did do in a statue of a Haymarket cop -- but "they" (whoever) put it up again.

Carrol