[lbo-talk] Gulag query

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 11 05:59:48 PDT 2003

David Mandl wrote:

> Wow. The activists who did time in mental hospitals (including
> people I knew) might disagree with this.
>
> --Dave.
>
> >From: "Chris Doss" <itschris13 at hotmail.com>
> >To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
> >Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Gulag query
> >Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 02:51:44 -0400
> >
> >Well, exaggeration certainly. Live in the USSR during the Brezhnev era was
> >pretty damn good. People looked at defectors with pity.

Probably many others would too. Probably several million would have agreed with you. And that still doesn't refute Chris's point. There will in the future be better regimes than _either_ the USSR _or_ the US that nevertheless fuck up in ways that will make things miserable for part of their population.

Carrol