[lbo-talk] Gulag query

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:25:54 PDT 2003

>I was under the impression that education in the Eastern Block was far
>superior to the US public school system, and not only in terms of
>percentages covered by the service? Is that wrong? If I remember it
>correctly, the spread was huge, particularly in math and science.
>
>Thiago Oppermann

Oh God was it amazing (with the partial exception of the history of the CPSU). Breathtaking. Middle-aged FSUers are the most educated people in the world. The Russian educational system is still excellent, though unfortunately young people tend to go into accounting and advertising, things like that.

_________________________________________________________________ Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail