[lbo-talk] Re: collapsing statues

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 11 11:43:18 PDT 2003

>JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> > Aren't you even a bit tempted by the Daley one?
>
>The only monument I know of in Chicago associated with Daley (1 or 2) is
>the Picasso Bird. One would not want to tear it down.
>
>And it might be hard to tip over Soldiers Field, though it would be a
>good idea if one could do it.
>
>The Weathermen did do in a statue of a Haymarket cop -- but "they"
>(whoever) put it up again.
>
>Carrol

Come to Columbus, OH, and pull down the statues of William McKinley & "the Spirit of '98" at the Statehouse: <http://www.statehouse.state.oh.us/statues/reflection.html> & <http://www.statehouse.state.oh.us/statues/spirit98.html>.

We will have a big demo on Saturday, May 10, 2-4 PM: <www.service.ohio-state.edu/students/sif/April13&May10.pdf>.

from the crucible of empire, -- Yoshie