[lbo-talk] The Sting Meister

npchilds at connect.ab.ca npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Fri Apr 11 15:25:40 PDT 2003

> >And one of his handlers was Miles Copeland, father of Sting's
>>colleague in The Police. "I'll be watching you" indeed.
>
>>Doug
>
>Which would help explain the Stinger's friendship with Adnan Kashoggi
>(Weapons-R-Us) in the 1980's.

>And, I've always assumed, the name of the band, as some sort of creepy
>joke.

>Doug

A reasonable assumption, and although it postdates the band, Stewart Copeland's musical work on that vile piece of 80's gun propaganda 'The Equalizer' makes eminent sense now.

Thanks for the warning about Dennis Miller, we tape 'The Daily Show' and watch it a day later, not tonight though. Frankly, since 9/11 and Stewart started getting 'serious' guests on the show it's lost some of its appeal. He's not a journalist for Chrissake! Sigh, still the only 'talk' show worth watching though.

PC