Fwd: RE: [lbo-talk] is this your liberation?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 11 17:08:10 PDT 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>... I'm no fan of Jefferson nor of God, but I've been internally quoting
>this remark a lot lately: "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God
>is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever...."

[Relax. Gott mit uns.]

A Hopeful but Worried Nation: Polls Finds Bush's Approval Rating Rising Despite Fears of More Fighting in Iraq

By Richard Morin and Claudia Deane Washington Post Staff Writers Friday, April 11, 2003

... The survey ... found that President Bush's overall job approval rating continues to rise in step with the upbeat news from the front. Three in four Americans approve of the job that Bush is doing as president, his best rating since June. Eight in 10 support Bush's decision to go to war, and nearly two-thirds say the war is going "very well" for the United States -- up 19 percentage points in less than a week....

Americans are feeling better about their country than they were earlier this year. Two in three said they were satisfied with the way things were going in the United States, up 29 percentage points since early March before the war began....

Nearly two in three -- 64 percent -- said the war will leave the Middle East more stable than it is now.

"In the Middle East the only thing they respect is power," said Craig Winter, an electrical contractor in Massachusetts. "I think we've gained some respect in their eyes, not 'love' and not 'like,' but respect."

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5178-2003Apr10.html>

As Aretha Franklin said: "R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me!"

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail