[lbo-talk] Re: Cuba petition

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 23:00:34 PDT 2003

I don't have any truck with Cuban repression, even though I understand why they do it, maybe even especially now. I think the latest show trials of dissidents are appalling, vile, and ill-judged -- worse than a crime, a mistake. But also a crime. I didn't sign the petition for Doug-like reasons. I'll stick to writing Amnesty International letters on the behalf of the railroaded. It does more good and offers no ammo for the other side. Go thou and do likewise. jks

Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net> wrote:Doug questions timing, which is reasonable given the slaughter of thousands of Iraqi in the past weeks. But, I doubt very much given he forwards Human Rights Watch bulletins that he wouldn't find the lack of procedural justice appalling