[lbo-talk] MOUT (was:looting)

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Sun Apr 13 21:50:28 PDT 2003

i don't know if you read the paper i pointed to, but did you notice the typho/slippage?! too funny. the authors called future threats "chimeras" because, obviously, he didn't know what a chimera is. otherwise, were it really fanciful, they wouldn't have a reason to write their paper!

At 12:14 PM 4/14/03 +1000, Thiago Oppermann wrote:

>This is extremely interesting stuff. Has anyone written a piece on this I
>can distribute? What has been the left digestion of the RMA and the
>police-like army/army-like police?

What I have is proprietary, geared toward information operations and defense, mainly for non-governmental organizations and corporations, not particularly interested in national defense per se but in tracking the developments and appropriating them as defensive strategies.

The problem with stuff on the web--ask Pugliese--is that it strays way off the deep end into area 51/conspiracy theory crap: mind control weapons, yadda.

This article would be a start, http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2001/12/vest.htm Fourth Generation Warfare by Jason Vest, Atlantic Monthly. The embedded links will round out the reading, to some extent.

Also, this will give you an overview of what's "worthwhile" and isn't too Area 51ish but definitely not from a particularly lefty perspective: http://www.comw.org/rma/index.html (But then, again, it is probably a good idea to read what the enemy "thinks".) At the very least, you will recognize, in these pages, the parade of military wankspurts you've been treated to of late.

http://www.comw.org/pda/index.html