[lbo-talk] Cuba petition

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Apr 14 11:46:48 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:32:27 -0800 Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net> writes:
> I've been pondering. It is a tough query. Fuck US Imperialism and
> neo-
> Stalinism. But, that sounds so metaphysical, idealist.

Probably because it is metaphysical and idealist. There is no "third camp." James Burnham in that sense was more consistent (and indeed more of a materialist) than Max Schachtman, who opted for the side of US imperialism while continuing to dream of a "third camp" that never materialized, whereas Burnham realized that there was no such thing, no could there be.

Jim F.