[lbo-talk] RE: how's it feel?

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 12:00:39 PDT 2003

Well, despondent is my primary emotion, especially considering how bad things have gotten since 2000, but I've been surprised at the resiliency of the antiwar folks; I always feel better after I've been hanging around them.

On Saturday, a bunch of us got into a raucous argument with a few prowars at a Starbucks in Manchester CT. We started it when we heard them gloating, and we finished it. Totally cathartic (and hilarious). I was the only one of my crowd over 25 (way, way over.....).

These 20 somethings are all fired up, like they're only getting started. I feel better just writing this.

The Times of London has asked me to do a piece on what it feels like to be a peacenik (the editor's word, Carrol) in America today. I more or less know how I feel, but I'm wondering how others feel - isolated? hopeful? despondent? shocked? confused? regretful?Doug