[lbo-talk] how's it feel?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:39:39 PDT 2003

>The Times of London has asked me to do a piece on what it feels like to be
>a peacenik (the editor's word, Carrol) in America today. I more or less
>know how I feel, but I'm wondering how others feel - isolated? hopeful?
>despondent? shocked? confused? regretful?
>
>Doug

Bored ... like I'm hanging around a theater lobby waiting for the lights to flash and Act Two to begin. Quite an ending to Act One: Donald Rumsfeld gazing out his office window wondering where to build his triumphal arch. But by the laws of God, dialectics and dramaturgy, Act Two is going to be a tale of comeuppance, and I can't wait to see who or what will be the instrument of Bush & Co.'s doom. Let the action begin -- nature abhors a victor.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus