[lbo-talk] Re: how's it feel?

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Tue Apr 15 13:16:00 PDT 2003

Doug asks:

> The Times of London has asked me to do a piece on what it feels like

> to be a peacenik (the editor's word, Carrol) in America today. I more

> or less know how I feel, but I'm wondering how others feel -

> isolated? hopeful? despondent? shocked? confused? regretful?

Times of London? How about:

Outraged at the poisoning of rational discourse in the aggressor states (US, UK and Australia) by the Murdoch media empire, convinced that it shares a major part of the criminal responsibility for the war of aggression in Iraq, and ready and committed to do whatever I can to so change the world that Murdoch and his aiders and abettors shall share the fate of their predecessor and model Julius Streicher.

[Quick ref for Streicher and - for NYPost readers - some striking similarities in use of crude language, crude cartoons, soft porn and scandal gossip <http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/faculty/streich3.htm>]

john mage