[lbo-talk] RE: how's it feel?

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Apr 15 14:31:21 PDT 2003

not in the least bit despondent. as justin said, "wait til next year". i've been at this too long to ever think that one lousy antiwar movement--given the conditions under which it was waged--would or could (or should) advance the left. paradoxically, to some i suppose, that doesn't make me less radical, resigned, or want to give up. i am, however, increasingly certain that the before anything ever crushes capital, the left will be crushed and out of that crushing will be born something that can deal capital the blow that will annihilate it. won't happen in my life time or my son's, but it will.

the left needs to find what and where it loves.

"I was not a cynic by nature; only by revolt. I had got away from what I hated, but I hadn't found where I loved, and so I pretended that there was nowhere to love. Handsomely equipped to fail, I went out into the world." --John Fowles, The Magus