[lbo-talk] how's it feel?

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Tue Apr 15 19:39:46 PDT 2003

Proud to have done something. Angry that it was inadequate. Worried for the future. The US lost as soon as it invaded Iraq--I think it put an end to the last vestiges of a constitutional republic here, and maybe the last hope for some kind of functioning international law. And the country is now on a permanent imperialist war footing, with almost nowhere else to turn, given Bush's crazed violent recklessness and domestic "policies" that are little more than public looting. I opposed that, even if my petty protests were bound to be ignored by the militarists in power here. Things will probably be worse for my three kids (ages 2-10), but at least I didn't help make their world worse. Hell, I even feel patriotic, given that I seem to care more about the Constitution than the liars, frauds and killers who have taken power in Washington and who took an oath to defend it (don't know how that one goes over on this list, let alone the Times of London...)

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:17:39 -0400