[lbo-talk] How's It Feel

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 06:15:13 PDT 2003

it is hard to say that the Gulf War caused anything of the sort when you consider that war had nothing to do with Columbine et al.....a more likely suspect is the culture more generally.....the war may have been the impetus for a few, but the damage was already there

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:maria.gilmore wrote:

>But then there are things that make me cry, and feel alienated on top of
>that grief: not only the horrors visited on the innocent and the helpless
>in Iraq, but the solemn joy thousands of Americans seem to be taking in
>burying their 18-year-olds, their children home via body bag and they're
>GLAD!

The first gulf war severely damaged the Americans who fought there, and produced Malvo & McVeigh, sickness, and thousands of early deaths. This one is so much nastier - I wonder what it will produce.