[lbo-talk] Anti-War Movement -- Retrospect and Prospect

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 16 09:29:47 PDT 2003

We did well. Two years ago had someone predicted an antiwar movement this large and this widereaching I would would have rhought we had fallen down the rabbit hole.

There were still too many flags, too many support the troops banners, but that, I think, came from the very success of the movement: we had reached people who needed some contact with the world they had lived in and were (without out knowing it) leaving. In other words, those flags and banners were mostly a (legitimate and needed) security blanket for those who were carrying them.

How do we build on this?

Carrol