[lbo-talk] Cuba petition

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 09:37:08 PDT 2003

Carroll: you're on the money about the CP's role in the civil rights movement, but not in the anti-Vietnam War movement. there the big old left party was the SWP. jks

> > ...Corey in an article in the Antioch Review in '46 made a case for
> > Stalinists not being a tendency on Left at all, but as a totalitarian
> > interloper from the Right.

Yes, and those interlopers from the right made possible the civil rightsd movement, made possible the antiwar movement, and made possible the existence of all of us on this list today.

If only they had all followed Norman Thomas or Lionel Trilling. We'd still have Jim Crow in the South and no one would ever have heard of the Vietnam antiwar movement.

Carrol